Master Degree in Design – IDEAS (Innovation and Design Evaluated by uSages)
This engineering program is strongly based on the high expertise in innovation management, design and usage evaluation, developed by the ERPI laboratory’s researchers.
This master’s degree program educates future professionals of product or organizational design, able to meet challenges of multinationals and SME in the field of innovation :
- Generation of new ideas
- Co-design with users in a project team
- Rapid prototyping
- Target-market definition
- User experience and acceptability test
- Improvement of innovation capacity
IDEAS’s program is organized according to a pragmatic approach: from the idea generation to the product launch to the market. It enables students to understand and implement different stages of an innovation project : creativity, co-design, and user centred evaluation.
- A master’s degree program hold by a National Engineering School specialized in innovation and systems engineering
- Problem based learning courses combining sciences and technologies, with entrepreneurship and marketing, at the service of creativity and innovation management.
- Access to resources of the technological platform Lorraine Fab Living Lab®: rapid prototyping (3D printing…), virtual reality, usage tests, creativity space.
- International access to IDEAS (especially, exchange programs in Europa and South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia…).
After this program, students can access key positions in industry, in the service sector or in research.
Examples of jobs :
- Project manager in innovation and product design
- Industrial engineer and responsible for continuous improvement
- Consulting in innovation management
- R&D manager
- PhD student (thesis)
- Having successfully completed at least four years at University (Engineering, Design…).
- Having a good level in French language (at least B2).
- University tuition fees (about 270€) and social security fees (about 217€).
Julia Perez, 2017, Brazilian student, internship in McCain – France.
Ivan Garcia, 2017, Colombian student, internship in Baccarat Cristal – France.
Maxime Voitot, 2017, a student